Curry is one of my all time favourite dishes. It’s available all year round and it’s so versatile. You can cook it with beef, chicken, fish, turkey or vegetable. Try this curry chicken with spinach. It’s easy, healthy and delicious.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
1 tsp Sunflower Oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp medium curry paste
250g tomatoes, chopped
500 g chicken breast fillets, cut into large chunks
225g fresh baby spinach
400g can chickpeas or green lentils, rinsed and drained
1 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- Take a deep frying pan or sauté pan and warm. Add 1 tsp of Sunflower oil, then add the cumin seeds. Increase the heat and when they start to pop, add the onion.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring until the onions begin to colour. Add the garlic and curry paste and stir together for a minute. Add the tomatoes and 150ml water, cook about 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring, until the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add the chicken pieces, cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and chickpeas or lentils and cook together for a further 5 minutes stirring until the spinach has wilted and the chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle over the garam masala, cover the pan and stand for a minute.
- Fold in the coriander and serve.